Draw a line in your turf from the middle wicket. This will help you to make sure where your wickets are while batting. Draw the line using your bat’s end and make sure that the line is parallel to the middle wicket. This line is called a guard line. If you are practicing indoors, use tape to draw the guard line.
- Comfortable grip and stance
- Watch the ball from bowler’s hand
- Move back or forward depending on length of each ball
- Keep your balance on contact
- Keep ball on ground
- Play as straight as you can
- Look for singles to rotate the strike